Sunday 20 January 2013

We are all funny souls... and I am in the funny souls business...

Many times I call my clients, friends and myself 'funny souls'. And this week it has been very much in my mind. Having a possible first client coming, but I am not sure if she will or not feel this is for her. Joining a Facebook group about mental health that is full of people self-harming, very depressed, abused, and in so much despair... and my dear friend... who is deteriorating physically and mentally in front of my eyes... 

Oh yes, this world is full of funny souls! Souls in pain and in deeply indebted troubles...
And I am no exception... But being a therapist I find myself doing self-therapy very often and there is no special day or time... It just comes! Uninvited but always welcomed in the end.

I am in the business of helping funny souls find themselves and find their way, but don't think for a second I do this because I know it all or have done it all! No! I do this because I know what knowing yourself means and realise that there is always another bit to discover. And you know what? This is the beauty of life, knowing that is always more to be known, looked at, discovered and experienced.

I know from experience! I have learnt the tools and that is why my awareness gives me the possibility to work things out by myself - being my own self therapist. I do that with my clients and my friends. I want them to learn those tools, to internalise the 'good enough mother' I can play in the room. And to internalise the good enough 'me' and take it with them... When they do that, they will be ready to leave and do it all by themselves.

I find it quite amusing to hear my clients say: 'I was doing this and then I head you saying... And I knew what to do...' 'I find myself thinking: what would Maria say or do?' They have the 'me' just like I have my inner supervisor and my inner self paying attention and helping me self discover...

I love being a funny soul with imperfections, faults, laughter, and amazing love for what I do and am and I love the fact that I am in the funny souls business in a world of funny souls...


http://www.knowingyourself.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment