Wednesday 10 March 2021

Dear Daughter, I am sorry




Dear Daughter, 

I am so sorry for the world I have contributed to creating for you!
Nothing I will ever say will be enough to express the shame and guilt I feel. 
I did not see all this coming, I did not expect this for you... 
When I had you, there was hope and optimism in the future. 

Yes, there were things needing to be improved, but not on the scale there is now.
And I believed they were going to be addressed and improved.
The pollution, the climate change, the capitalism, the consumerism, the lack of recycling, the waste, the damaging of the planet forests and animals, the overeating, the lack of care of the animals we eat, the additives in our food, the lack of support for the poor, the education, the health care, and mental care, the racism, the inequality, the women rights and protection, the abuse of power, and so much more...

Yes, we had all this then! But I believed it was going to get better, not worse! 
But 20 years later, all is so much worse and we reached a breaking point I did not expect to see in my lifetime.

I apologize for my naivety, I am sorry I believed in human intelligence and common sense. 
I am here for you, but I feel lost in what actions can I take to really make a difference for you and your future. And because of that, I feel embarrassed looking at you, yes I do! 

Feeling this powerless for a mother is the worse feeling. We are lovers and carers, and protectors. We want you all to grow up safe, healthy, and be happy. I trust you will find a way, but the burden on you is so unfair! You and your generation,  have already had to grow up so fast, and become adults and now you been given this immense task of finding solutions to save this planet, to bring solutions to the problems the generations before you left... all out of their own greed, and/or trust in leaders, governments, institutions, religions that were never on our side but only just considering their position of power and growth. 

I have hope and trust in your abilities, courage, and intelligence. I just want you to know this.

All my love with an immense retreat in getting you in this position.
Hope you can find in your heart the ability to forgive

Mum x

No comments:

Post a Comment